9 steps to buying a new home in a
Halcyon over 50s lifestyle community
- Do your research on which Halcyon lifestyle community is right for you.
- Visit and tour the community you’re interested in. Organise to meet with a lifestyle specialist and ask plenty of questions.
- Select the house type you would like to purchase. One that suits your lifestyle and budget.
- Sign a reservation and pay a $1,000 refundable initial deposit to secure your site for up to 10 business days while contracts are prepared.
- Sign a Home Purchase Agreement based on whether you need to sell your existing home or not (i.e. conditional or unconditional status).
- Meet with our housing specialist team for a detailed review of home plans, colour selections, and customisation options. This is an important step where you review finishes and other preferences to personalise your home.
- After finalising your home you will be introduced to the community and meet your neighbours. The community manager arranges a number of future home owner functions for you to attend.
- On settlement, it’s just like buying a home in the suburbs, only easier. You don’t pay stamp duty because there’s no land component in the purchase.
- Once settled you complete a Site Agreement with our community team along with a new home presentation so you are all ready to move in and enjoy your new life.
Advantages of buying a new Halcyon home
- There’s more flexibility to personalise your new home and to select your finishes. We have a wide range of floorplans and facades to choose from.
- You have more time to sell your existing home and to prepare for the move.
- In our experience, the best capital gains are enjoyed by those who buy early or off the plan. This is because the Halcyon product is much more than a house, and as the project evolves, the offer gets bigger and better.
- Buying in one of Halcyon’s developing lifestyle communities can give you access to our generous early bird incentives.