Let us say thank you
When you refer someone to Halcyon we like to say thank you to you and a charity of your choice.
When you refer a friend and they go on to buy a new or established home, we will donate to a charity of your choice and thank you with $1,500.
Best of all you don’t have to be a Halcyon homeowner to be part of the program.
Halcyon has proudly supported charities with over $1 million in donations since it was established 15 years ago. The Friends of Halcyon Referral Program proudly supports many charities.
How it works
When you refer a friend who buys a home from Halcyon we provide you $1,500 and a $500 donation towards a charity or cause you believe in.*
- When a buyer enquires in to a Halcyon community our team asks who referred them.
- Our friendly team record the referral details in our database.
- If your friend or family goes on to buy, we will give you a call to confirm payment and your charity of choice.
* This is a private sale, where Halcyon is the representative agent.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Friends of Halcyon Referral program and who gets rewarded?
When you refer a friend and they go on to buy a new or established home, we will donate $500 to a charity of your choice and thank you with $1,500.
When you refer a friend who buys a Halcyon home*:
- $1,500 cash for you and $500 donation towards a charity or cause you believe in.*
*This is a private sale, where Halcyon is the representative agent.
*The Halcyon referral payment offer is available until 30 June 2022.
- Who can be part of the referral program?
The Halcyon referral program is open to homeowners, as well as people and other groups and organisations outside Halcyon communities. For example, your mum or dad can be part of the Halcyon referral program so too can your local Men’s Shed or netball club.
Community organisations, registered sporting groups, special causes, organisations and individuals can also be part of the Friends of Halcyon Referral program. Your organisation could be a school, community group, church, sporting group or valued partner of Halcyon.
- How and when do charities receive their donations?
Halcyon proactively contacts charities to arrange cheque presentations.
- How does the referrer claim their payment?
The referrer will be contacted by the Halcyon team to arrange the cheque details and time for the cheque to be presented. Our team will also contact the charity or cause of your choice so payments can be made.
- Does the charity or cause need to be registered with the ATO?
The referrer will receive payment by cheque when their friend becomes a homeowner at Halcyon.
Halcyon has five recommended charities from which to choose or referrers can nominate another charity or cause of their choice. The entity needs to be a legitimate cause or association. The entity does not need to be a registered charity of the Australian Charities and Not For Profits Commission.
- What happens if the new homeowner doesn’t nominate the referrer when they visit? Can payments be made retrospectively?
For the integrity of the program, referral payments cannot be made retrospectively. Referral payments for the referrer and the new homeowner are effective from 1 July 2021. To be a valid referral, the new homeowner must nominate the referrer at the time of their initial enquiry or initial visit.
- If a son did all the research and brought his mum in to visit Halcyon – is he and his mum entitled to $1,500?
If you are purchasing a new home the double-sided payment is valid until 30 June 2020. The payment is made once his mother becomes a new homeowner. If purchasing an established home where Halcyon is the representative, a payment is made to the referrer and not the person buying the house.
- Can my local Country Women’s Association or bowls club who referred a customer to Halcyon get a referral payment? And how much do they receive?
Yes, they can. They would receive $1,500 on the settlement for referring a customer to Halcyon.
- Can I still receive the referral payment if I refer someone who purchases an established Halcyon home?
Yes, if it is a private sales, where Halcyon is the representative agent, you will receive $1,500 cash and a $500 donation towards a charity or cause you believe in.
- Does Halcyon have to be the seller?
The Friends of Halcyon Program does not extend to homes sold by third parties or the homeowner.
- From when is the program effective?
The Friends of Halcyon Referral Program is effective as of 22 February 2020. Halcyon reserves the right to change its referral program and no warranties can be given. Interested parties must rely on their own enquiries.
The Halcyon double referral payment offer is only available until 30 June 2021.