Charities receive $15,000 in 15 days from Friends of Halcyon Referral Program
Over the past 15 days Halcyon homeowners, their friends and family, have given $15,000 to local charities – that’s $1,000 a day.
The giving is part of the Friends of Halcyon Referral Program which enables homeowners, their friends and family to give $500 to the charity of their choice.
Over the past 15 days, Halcyon has hosted several thank you events where Halcyon celebrates giving with donors, guests, and the local charities themselves.
With more events planned in the coming weeks the Friends of Halcyon Referral Program has already delivered much needed contributions to the following charities and community organisations:
- Animal Welfare League
- Hummingbird House
- The Daniel Morcombe Foundation
- The RSPCA
- Bloomhill Cancer Care
- Parkinson’s Queensland
- The Samaritan's Purse Australia
- DV Connect – Bella’s Sanctuary
- Australian Rotary Foundation Trust
- The Smith Family
- Australian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Alannah and Madeline Foundation
- Bribie Island Ambulance Service
- Riding for the Disabled Association of Queensland
- Ronald McDonald House
- Leukaemia Foundation Queensland
- Aussie Helpers
- The Cancer Council
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital Foundation the Skull Base Fund
Some charities have received more than one donation and with COVID impacting the way charities can raise money, all charities have welcomed the contributions.
Community Engagement Officer from the Daniel Morcombe Foundation said, “This year has been a challenging year. COVID restrictions have meant we had to cancel a number of our key fundraising activities or move them online. So to receive a $1,000 from the Friends of Halcyon Program is very welcome.
“This money will go directly to educating children, schools and families to recognise signs of harm, to react in a safe way and to report to adults who can help stop the abuse. This includes developing programs for grandparents so they can help keep their grandchildren safe.”
To find out more about the Friends of Halcyon Referral Program here.
View images from each Friends of Halcyon Thank You Event on the Halcyon Facebook page via the links below: