Cook with us: Shannon's prawn and chilli linguine
Words by Shannon Dunn, Halcyon Greens Community Manager.
“Here is one of my favourite recipes for the warmer months. You can also serve with a fresh garden salad and hot crusty bread."
- 1 packet dried linguine a 4 tbsp
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1t butter a 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1-2 medium chillies
- 1T small capers
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 12 raw banana prawns; peeled and deveined
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby rocket
- 40g Parmesan a Salt and pepper
1. Season a large pot of boiling water with salt and a dash of olive oil. Follow packet instructions to cook linguine.
2. In a large deep pan add the oil and butter, garlic and chilli and cook on medium heat. Add the capers, tomatoes and lemon. Stir and cook for two minutes. Add the prawn meat and cook for further minute.
3. Drain the pasta and add to the prawns with 1-2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Finally add the rocket, parsley and parmesan.
4. Toss in the pan and serve immediately with an extra drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.