Cook with us: Trish's ricotta ravioli recipe
Words by Vision by Halcyon Community Manager Trish Geary
This recipe works well for Keto – a good work around without pasta and easy to put together. it’s a great lunch option with salad.
- Ricotta, approx 400g a Onion powder,
- shake or two a Garlic powder,
- shake or two
- 1 egg or 2 if using deli purchased Ricotta
- Basil cropped, fresh a Salt and pepper
- Cheese, any version and amount you feel appropriate
- 1 x 400gm canned diced tomatoes or passata a 3-4 zucchini
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except for the tomatoes (or passata) and the zucchini.
2. Use the canned tomatoes or passata to form a thin layer on the bottom of a baking dish, (I find it best to drain the tomatoes).
3. 3 or 4 zucchini, ribboned lengthwise with potato peeler
4. Lay zucchini as 2 one way and 2 the other way, place a spoon of mixture in the middle of the zucchini and fold to make a square. You an also use a few ribbons of zucchini and roll the mixture up.
5. Place all “raviolis” into dish, add additional cheese to top 6. Bake at 180 degrees until bubbling and browned nicely. Serve with a fresh garden salad.